1 Jun 2014

ṣ ȃ b ẫ ǐ ⚭ s ȃ b ẫ ǐ

Finally, here are my unposted photo's from Thailand & Laos…
It's been over a year now that I was backpacking my way through Thailand and Ohh how I MISS it. I miss eating the spiciest chills and the sweetest fruits along the streets, the endless fruit shakes, the cheap prices, the people, the ease of life. My lists goes on...

Bustling Bangkok
  Crazzy for Coconuts?! Best Coconut Ice Cream,
Khao San Road
Wat Arun,Chao Phraya River, Bangkok 
Street Food, Deep Fried Green Vegetable 
Most delicious food at the River View Guest House
Bangkok, not to mention the best Tom Kai 

Khanom Krok (Coconut rice pudding)
Thai Green Mango Salad
Valentines Day 
Temple Time

Reggae Beats


I ventured around Thailand with my best friend Ali for 3 weeks. After this she went back home and I continued solo, backpacking through south of Thailand and India. People always ask me "how on earth do you travel solo, don't you get scared and lonely ". My answer is always the same, "I love travelling solo, it's these times I meet the most people, and have the most amazing experiences, still giving me the freedom to do exactly what I want when I want". 

One of the many cute cafe's 

Scenic Ko Chang

Relaxing at Magic Garden  

Our Thai Feast at Magic Garden 
Bailan Bay Resort
Bailan Resort is Cosily Snuggled in a Secluded Little Bay
Our Bungalow 
Loved our Earthy Bathroom 
Spectacular Sunset Scene at Dusk
Bailan Restaurant
Amazing Pad Thai,Bailan Restaurant

Trekking , Kongoi Jungle
Bamboo Forest
Koh Chang’s Flora and Fauna
Balance is Key 
Was so excited to jump into this waterfall
after our trek through the humid jungle
Pretty Mushies 
 They say a tarantula's appearance is worse than its bite…Pheww
We have no coordination, backwards YMCA
Monkeys Easily Bribed with Bananas!

Ali's Chocolate Molten Cake
Cosy 


Fire Throwing 
Before


After…
Great Memories
Getting Our Dancing Feet On 

We stayed in Koh Chang for nearly a week, and I easily could have stayed longer. I am adding Koh Chang to my “Go Now” Southeast Asia list, along with Koh Lanta and Tonsai Bay.

Spectacular Azure Pools, Erawan Waterfall , Kanchanaburi


Ali The Tree Hugger



Tiger Temple, Kanchanaburi






This cracks me up 


The usual herd of cows 

Cultural Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Market's
Deep fried crickets, Chiang Mai Market's

Chiang Mai is an overnight bus ride from Bangkok, it’s a vibrant city with heaps to see and do, from cool bars, live music, atmospheric cafes, great restaurants, jam-packed bookstalls and wonderful market stalls. Chiang Mai is a great gateway to explore other parts of Northern Thialand, including hill tribe villages, trekking, rafting and of course more temples (of which there are over 300!).

Ohh the variety of glorious mushrooms, Chiang Mai Market's  
Was so excited when I found this raw chocolate cake
Shop till you drop 



Thai Pumpkin Curry, Chiang Mai 
Tattoo Time 

Cooking Class, Tom Khai (minus the chicken of course) 
Cooking Class, Som Tum(papaya salad)  
Cooking Class, Som Tum(papaya salad)
Cooking Class, Pad Thai  
  Cooking Class, Tofu Massaman Curry
Cooking Class, Mango Sticky Rice 
Spicy Mushroom Salad, Chiang Mai

Beautiful White Buddhist Temple in Chiang Rai - Wat Rong Khun








Losing track of time in Luang Prabang, Laos
  
Kouangxi WaterFalls in Luang Prabang  
Kouangxi WaterFalls
Kouangxi WaterFalls
Kouangxi WaterFalls
Kouangxi WaterFalls

Kouangxi WaterFalls
Kouangxi WaterFalls 
Kouangxi WaterFalls
Amazing People We Met Along The Way  
Kouangxi WaterFalls


Eating a Coconut a Day 

So Lush 
One of the many temples in Luang Prabang

Drifting in Van Vieng, Laos

One of my top highlight's, Loxim Cave 



 Walk to the caves 


 It was well worth the bike injury
to spend the day here 
Chilling at Blue Lagoon 
Cold Rolls

Cocktail Time 
Thai Street Vendor Style Roti 

Thai Style Banana Roti with Nutella & Peanut Butter AKA 

Christina's Weakness

I may, or may not have consumed all these desserts :P 

Ko Tao, Thailand 


Sunset on the Beach 
Tofu & Eggplant Stir fry

Ao Nang Beach, Krabi, Thailand 

The Top of Tiger Cave Temple
Worth the Sweaty Climb to the Top

1237 Steps at Tiger Cave Temple, Krabi


 Golden Nuggets of Deep Fried Banana

I can't remember for the life of me the name of this restaurant,  but it's located below The Sun Aonang Bungalow. I highly recommend you eat here, I had some of the best Thai dishes and the interior is simply stunning. 

Khao Soi (Burmese-influenced rice noodle soup)
Fluffiest Vegetable Omelette  
My Wish Came True  
Cutest Monkey, Baby Boo  
Me & Nope, Such a Kind Hearted, Genuine Person 
Mmm Spicy Pad Thai

Ao Nang is a great gateway to Krabi province & Thailand’s most beautiful islands.If your wanting cheap accomadation I highly recommend Ao Nang Backpackers. Definitely the best hostel I stayed in during my SE Asia trip. The rooms are spotless, always air-conditioned and the staff are wonderful. Koe is without a doubt the best Thai bachelor in Krabi!!!! They also have a joining yoga studio, The Art Of Yoga Krabi. I unfortunately discovered this place later on , but was lucky enough to take a class with Sachin Badoni, a very talented yoga teacher.

Beautiful Blueee Water, Hong Island ,Thailand 










Hidden Gem, Tonsai Bay & Relaxing Railay Beach, Thailand 


Perhaps no single word captures the spirit of Tonsai Bay better than sabai.The atmosphere is so very laid back, in true Thai style.  The Thais that are living and working here are rasta pirate types with cool hearts. They are artists and dancers.  By day the locals are practicing their slack line tricks, climbing jaw-dropping limestone cliffs, then come sunset they are amping up the speakers and dancing with fire.

definition of sabai sabai

Penis Cave, Railay Beach 
Kristina , Sunset, Railay Beach 

Loved, Love, Lovely La Laanta, Koh Lanta,

Thailand 

Klong Khong Beach
Low Tide Klong Khong Beach
Best Mojito, Monkey Bar,Klong Khong Beach
Klong Khong Beach
Pad Thai , Klong Khong Beach
Sunset at low tide, Klong Khong Beach
Pad Thai,Lanta Fullmoon Bay View Resort
Sweet & Sour Pineapple Salad with Cashews, 
Lanta Fullmoon Bay View Resort

Kayaking & Cheeky Monkeys
Mangrove Kayaking 
Bit Rosy After Kayaking 
Turquoise Waters 

Sweet, Untainted Tropical Bliss, Koh Lipe, Thailand


Lounging & Cocktails… Hard Life, Sunset Beach
Dinner Time, Sunset Beach
Crystal Clear Turquoise Water
Relaxing Beach Days On Ko Lipe 
The Usual, Pineapple & Coconut Shake, Sunrise Beach
Tempura Vegetables, Sunrise Beach
Stray Dogs

Taking the time to travel has by far been the best thing I’ve ever done, you discover things you never knew about yourself. It’s made me fall more in love with the world and with my life. I’m excited for all of the adventures yet to come.

x o x 


No comments:

Post a Comment