30 May 2013

s u p e r s n a c k



Ultimate Toasted Trail Mix
1 cup of mixed nuts and/or seeds (I used, walnuts, peanuts, raw cashews, pumpkin seeds)
1 cup dried fruit or other mix-ins (I used 1/2 cup each dried cranberries and shredded coconut)
1 tsp of coconut oil
Salt & Cinnamon

Combine above ingredients besides cranberries and toast in a preheated oven, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent mixture from burning, until golden and lightly toasted.
Mix in with cranberries and organic popcorn. 

Popcorn Sweet & Savoury Seasonings
Pumpkin Pie Popcorn: 1 to 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 2 tbs of maple syrup. Drizzle evenly over hot popcorn and finish with Himalayan salt. (my favourite) 
Chilli Spiced Popcorn: Combine 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin. Sprinkle over hot popcorn and toss well.
Curry Popcorn: 1 tablespoon curry powder, 1/4  teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, 1  teaspoon turmeric. Sprinkle over hot popcorn and toss well.

I think my favourite thing about popcorn is that I have total control over it. I can make it salty or sweet or both and it only takes minutes to fulfil my cravings. 

x o x 



No comments:

Post a Comment