18 Jan 2013

s p r o u t e d


Vegan Sprouted Chickpea and Buckwheat Bread with Walnuts & Rosemary

So like all my cooking I don't usually follow a recipe. I usually go with the flow and experiment (so much funner that way). I based this recipe around what I had in my cupboard and went from there, but you can add and take out ingredients according to your personal preference. Truly was delicious, love sprouting my own grains and legumes. I know its effort but if you have the time its worth it and your body will love you for it as sprouting greatly helps digestion.

Ingredients: 
2 cups of soaked, sprouted, dried, and ground into flour chickpeas 
1 cup soaked, sprouted, dried, and ground into flour buckwheat 
1/2 t baking powder
1 flax egg + 4 Tbs water
handful of walnuts and pepitas 
handful of fresh basil
2T of fresh rosemary 
1t minced garlic
1/4c of spinach 
1 tomato, sliced 
ground black pepper and himalayan salt.

Method:
Preheat your oven to 200*
To make flax egg:
[1T ground flax seeds + 2.5T hot water, whisked + gelled for 5min] to veganize. 
Dry fry walnuts and pepitas until golden. 
Blend sprouted buckwheat groats and chickpeas into a fine powder (I had to do this in 3 batches). Blend toasted walnuts/pepitas, fresh basil, rosemary until roughly chopped. 
Stir in buckwheat flour, chickpea flour, baking powder, salt,black pepper, garlic , until combined.
Stir in spinach then flax egg. 
Grease all sides of an oven safe baking tin. 
Pour batter into the dish, place the tomato slice on top and bake for 32-37min on the center rack of the oven.
Test with a toothpick. Pull out when slightly moist.
Loosen edges by running a knife along the edge of the dish. 
Flip out onto a plate.

x o x






No comments:

Post a Comment